We very much look forward to seeing you at Duart now that we have been able to open to visitors. The coronavirus pandemic has caused us to look at the way we are doing things and so please take a moment to read and understand this page, as it will give you all the information that you need for your visit.
Please note that this page of guidance supersedes all other information about timings, transport to Duart etc. In particular please note that our shuttle from the ferry will not be running this year.
The Castle and Giftshop will be open from Sunday to Thursday every week from 10.30am to 4pm. Our Tearoom will be open (from Sunday 2nd August) for takeaway only during these times, with a reduced menu. At present, on Fridays and Saturdays the Castle, Giftshop and Tearoom will be closed but this will be kept under review.
Visitors to the Castle will be welcomed by our Castle Guide, who will introduce our safety measures before allowing you to look around at your own pace.
A thorough Risk Assessment has been carried out on all our operations and they comply with the Government Guidelines and the VisitBritain ‘Good to Go’ kitemark.
Examples of our safety measures are:
- Your visit to Duart has been reorganised so that social distancing of 2 metres can be maintained, where possible, while going round our buildings. For potential cross-over points we have introduced our own Stop, Look & Listen and Go traffic light signs, basing the red and green on two of the Maclean tartans.
- We have signs showing safe passing zones so people can step back into a safe area and allow people to pass at a 1-2 metre distance.
- Visitors are required to wear face coverings in all inside areas.
- In the Giftshop only 2 customers/1 family group are allowed in at any one time.
- Duart is complying with the Test and Protect policy of the Scottish Government.
It is important that you, our visitors, understand our methods of protecting both yourselves and us from the virus. If you have any questions before your visit please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01680 812309, or while on site ask a member of staff, all of whom will be able to help your query.
Entry Prices: Adult £8, Child £4, Concession £7, Family £20
Thank you for coming, it is lovely to be able to welcome visitors here at Duart again now that lockdown has come to an end.